Hey there, it’s me, Cole.
Years ago when I started my business as a little baby college kid, wanting to use my skills and passions and creativity to bring beauty and joy to others, I got WALLOPED and swallowed in the demands and tasks that came with operating a small biz. I accidentally did everything as inefficiently as possible, and felt like I was constantly apologizing or managing expectations on the backend because I couldn’t keep up with my volume, and was plagued with stress and deadlines. Relatable story? Read on to learn about the tool to grow your small business.
As a service provider, you have start-to-finish project stages for all of your ongoing clients. Managing those stages (offerings, booking, prep emails, process education, service delivery, etc.), is essential to the success of the project and client satisfaction. All of that, times the number of your ongoing projects, and this can get overwhelming so quickly.
I was STRUGGLING / loosing my mind (and leads) trying to juggle keeping track of my books, scanning, sending, downloading, printing, mailing, billing, dealing with mailing checks and feeling like a bill collector before, during or worst of all after (SO AWKWARD). I don’t know about you, but while I do need to get paid, I got into my trade for the love of it, not to feel like a bounty hunter. Now I can manage, send, and securely collect with a couple easy & peaceful clicks.
The ease of creating automated or semi-automated workflows gave me back literally hundreds of hours a year; not to mention it allows me to stay on top of all of my tasks and deadlines. No more reinventing the wheel and setting a thousand phone reminders, notifications, timers (that would get snoozed 50 x anyways, because there weren’t enough hours to get it all done.)
Manage projects, book clients, send invoices and get paid — all on HoneyBook, the tool to grow your small business.
Let’s get real…
If you’re still with me, you’re probably here because you can relate to some or all of those points. I think for so many of us creatives, we get into our trade because we have a vision or passion, and we love to serve our clients and connect with people and make our masterpieces come to life. But what we aren’t always fully aware of when we get into our trade is that starting your small biz also comes with becoming your own accountant, public relations rep, marketer, sales rep, project manager. Not to mention also networking with other industry creatives, staying on top of your projects, deadlines, and of course, keeping our clients and customers delighted with our services and products.
Not only that, but a lot of us are more type b than type a. We lean into and thrive on creativity and inspiration, and some of the most essential tasks for delivering a positive client experience (emailing, answering FAQs, educating, contract signing, sending and collecting payment, keeping up with receipts, etc.) can be the things that prevent us from growing, scaling, and running profitable businesses.
There’s a simpler way to run your business and you know it.
You might have a *system* that is “working”, but can you imagine if everything was in ONE place? Before I started using Honeybook, I actually couldn’t imagine it. Your brochures, questionnaires, emails, timelines, accounting integration, scheduling, calendars, timeline tracker, address book and more… It’s possible.
What would that do for your business if you were able to more simply, efficiently and effectively get all of the backend essential operations in order so you could get back to your craft and the reason you got into your trade to begin with?
Using Honeybook as a tool to grow my small business gave me scalability, confidence, peace, and increased the number of projects that I was able to manage at a time.
01. Honeybook integrates with all kinds of other incredible services. Calendly, Quickbooks, Google Calendar to name a few.
02. Ever heard of the Rising Tide Community? It’s a network of vendors on Honeybook. You can post or respond to opportunities (hello styled shoots, meetups, second shooters, event planner assistants, leads from unavailable vendors…) and connect with your local chapter for free monthly community education and local soon-to-be friends.
03. Everything is safe and secure. Invoices, bank transfers, automated payment reminders, contracts, integrations, reports… It’s AWESOME.
04. When you sign up, you have access to a concierge to help you set up your account, for free. So converting all of your pricing profiles, emails, current clients, etc. is all hand-held and installed by a pro. There are also free webinars and chat support to help you get the hang of it (but honestly, it is so straightforward and easy. If you’ve been managing all of those things by yourself, I can assure you that learning honeybook will be a piece of cake.)
05. You’ll get: free account setup and training, concierge customer support, fraud protection, access to the mobile app, customized workflow, and your brand everywhere.
Free trial & 50% off of your first year using Honeybook.
*I’d NEVER recommend something I didn’t absolutely love. Honeybook has changed the way I do business. I truly don’t think I could’ve ever grown the way I have or served my clients the way I’ve been able to if I didn’t have this comprehensive tried-and-true system.
Sharing is caring. When you join Honeybook using my link, not only will you get 50% off for your first year, but I get an affiliate commission — which is like, the BEST, because then I can buy more of my faves and keep sharing them with you.